- This event has passed.
Foundations of Careers Advisers Knowledge (11-18)
February 20-9:30 am - 4:30 pm£253.79
The Foundations of Careers Advisers Knowledge
The essential knowledge that Careers Advisers need to work in schools and FE Colleges in England (11-18)
“The day was great, would highly recommend to any individual starting out as an Adviser”
Trainer Training led by Andy Gardner, who has worked continuously as a Schools Careers Adviser for 33 years. He is also an experienced Careers Writer, Trainer and Speaker
Who it is for?
• Recent entrants to the Career Development Profession who need short-sharp training on the essential knowledge required to begin to undertake one-to-one Careers Advice in a school or college (11-18)
• Career Development Professionals who are refocussing their work.
• Careers Leaders in schools and colleges wanting to know more about Careers Advice and Guidance
• Other staff who are interested in the Foundations of Careers Adviser knowledge
What will it involve? One day training concentrating on knowledge, but also looking at other factors such as Careers Guidance Skills, Gatsby Benchmarks and the context within which Careers Advisers work in.
How will it be delivered Using a “Snapshot and Signposting” delivery method will allow us to cover a lot of content in a short period of time. The day itself and possible follow-up exploration could easily meet the 25-hour CDI Registered Career Development Professional Requirement and relates clearly to Gatsby Benchmarks 7 and 8 as well as 2,3 and 4. Numbers are limited to allow time for questions and interaction.
Why The Career Development Profession faces a chronic talent pipeline problem. This training will help new Careers Advisers work to a level of competence more quickly.
Where At the CCH/Just IT London Centre in Aldgate
When Date above
The training is not:
• A substitute for the Qualification in Careers Guidance (or related Masters or NVQs) or Higher Apprenticeship in Career Development, though it would supplement all of them
• A knowledge supplement for Adult or HE Careers Advice and Guidance staff, it is based on knowledge needed to work in Schools and FE Colleges.
• All the knowledge you need, it is just a starting point
Comments from delegates at the first Foundations of Careers Adviser Knowledge Training day
“Promotes key subject areas that Careers Practitioners’ need to know and keep up to date on”
“Andy clearly has a wealth of knowledge and has a passion for careers guidance that really showed through during the training”
“Highly recommend!” “A clear and to-the-point day!”
“Practical and easy to follow guidance, useful for Level 6”
“I really enjoyed today – it’s helped my confidence as I recognise I am doing these things and now I can improve my practice for the future”
“I found everything very useful and valuable, especially learning about labour market information”
“The day was great, would highly recommend to any individual starting out as Adviser”
Snapshots include: GCSEs, A Levels, Labour Market Information, Websites, Sixth Form, FE College, Traineeships, Apprenticeships, CV, Personal Statement, University, T Levels, Student Finance, BTEC/AGQs, Jobs Boards, School-leaver programmes, Private training, Graduate Employability, Gatsby Benchmarks, UCAS, Artificial Intelligence, Gap Year, Myth-Busting, Vulnerable Children, Using knowledge with theories and frameworks of guidance, LC2C, Application processes/entering the Labour market, Tests.